by Scott Rock - 7/23/07 11:30 AM
Downloading a tour just got even easier! We've made a few key improvements to the way tours are downloaded which should make it even easier and quicker to take your tour offline and into the "real" world.
The improvements include:
- Garmin TourGuide Files - no longer must you download the files necessary to load using Garmin POI Loader. Instead, you can directly download the tour's Garmin TourGuide POI file in .GPI format. Simply save it to your GPS device's Garmin\POI directory, and off you go! If you'd rather download the GPS Exchange (GPX) file and media files to use POI Loader, that feature is still available.
- Quick Downloads From Tour Page - now, you can go to a tour's download page with one click by clicking the "Download As..." dropdown box at the top of any tour web page. From this dropdown, select the type or format that you want to download the tour in. If you'd rather choose your download type by looking at a list of compatible devices, then choose the "Choose by Device" option.
- GPX Only and Media Only Download Options - if you want to download the GPX file or media files separately, now you can. Just choose the appropriate option in the "Download As..." dropdown box.
Permalink | Links to this post | 4 comments
Easily Import Tour Locations
by Scott Rock - 7/2/07 10:27 PM
We just finished developing two new methods to add locations to your tours:
- Import from a Garmin GPS Device - using the new Garmin Communicator Plugin, you can upload any saved point on your compatible Garmin device to your tour. This makes it extremely simple to log locations and create tours! Garmin Communicator Plugin is compatible with any Garmin device that connects to your computer via a USB cable.
- Upload a GPS Exchange (GPX) File - already have GPS information stored in a GPX file? Now you can simply upload the file to GeoTours Web and it will be automatically detect the locations and allow you to add them to your tour. For more information on the GPX format, click here.
For both methods, after the tour locations are detected, you will be presented with a list of them. From this list, you can select one or multiple locations, then click "Import" and the locations will be automatically added to your tour.
You will see these two new options on the Add Tour Location section on your tour's page (see below).
As always, if you have any questions or problems with these new features, contact us.
Permalink | Links to this post | 1 comments
by Scott Rock - 7/1/07 12:43 AM
Permalink | Links to this post | 0 comments